To listen and subscribe to this podcast on Spotify, Apple, Google Podcasts, PocketCasts or other platforms, please click here.
To listen and subscribe to this podcast on our Youtube channel, please watch hereunder:
Mohamed Magdy Farid (Arabic: محمد مجدي فريد, born 18 August 1982) is an Egyptian Classic Liberal politician. He has been a Senator since 2020. He holds a bachelor’s degree in industrial and management engineering from October 6 University, and a master’s degree in Sustainable development Planning with a specialization in Economic Development from the Egyptian National Planning Institute. He was a founding member of the Free Egyptians Party but sits now as an independent.
In this this episode of the Brussels Report podcast, BrusselsReport.eu editor Pieter Cleppe discusses the following topics:
- The war in Gaza and the implications for the relationship between Israel and Egypt
- Elections, democracy and the rule of law in Egypt
- The state of the economy of Egypt and the role of the IMF
- The impact of the EU’s new “CBAM” climate tariff on the economy of Egypt
- Cooperation between Egypt and the EU on migration and the possibility of a deal to outsource EU asylum processing to Egypt
The largest 4 shipping companies diverting their ships from #RedSea and the #SuezCanal , #Houthi attacks is disrupting the global supply chains , it’s almost 30% the all container ship traffic
Passing through that Route
It’s time for @CMF_Bahrain #CTF135 pic.twitter.com/dcYA8zGPVe
— Mohamed M. Farid (@Mohamed_M_Farid) December 17, 2023
That’s the face of me trying to explain that putting restrictions on free trade like #CBAM isn’t “leveling the playing field” but it’s actually a player shot him self in the foot and now holding his gun while limbing around the playing field , shooting every other player in… pic.twitter.com/a5wQStmqN8
— Mohamed M. Farid (@Mohamed_M_Farid) December 10, 2023